Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 05-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Whirled One's Avatar
Whirled One Whirled One is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
Well, got a chance to check this thing over a bit this morning..! Looks like it's actually pretty healthy overall. It produces a properly sized raster with no appreciable blooming, colors look somewhere near okay, and sound is great. The main problem is that the focus is waaay off, and adjusting the focus coil doesn't seem to have any effect. I'd suspect there's no focus voltage, but I didn't have an HV meter with me. The slug screw for the focus coil is kinda messed up, but I tend to suspect that might have been the result of the previous owner trying to adjust it as a result of the focus being out, rather than the actual original *cause* of the bad focus.

Also, while I can hear the set responding to pressing the remote buttons (clicking of relays and/or motor sounds), but apparently the motors are stalling or there are some mechanical coupling issues, since none of them actually succeed in turning their respective controls. I'll have to look at that later. Also, the UHF dial seems to be pretty much jammed/stuck at the bottom of the dial, so I'll have to look into that too. BTW, one kinda interesting thing is that it appears this set wasn't equipped with the UHF tuner from the factory; it's the correct RCA tuner, but apparently it was installed by the dealer afterwards, since there was an installation manual with the set for the optional "UHF Kit".
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.