Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-2007, 02:45 AM
andy andy is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,004
...

Last edited by andy; 12-06-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2007, 03:04 AM
oldeurope oldeurope is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solingen, Germany
Posts: 27
Hi Andy
look at the sync tips! It is present after the sync sep. and will be detected.

Darius
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Ampico-kid's Avatar
Ampico-kid Ampico-kid is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 340
Apologies

I'm sorry to have generated such a firestorm of controversy! My only intention was to give a thumbs up to a product that works well. There's an old saying that comes to mind......"No good deed ever goes unpunished."

I stand corrected, Darius' UVB does not remove or elliminate (the "M" word), but if I understand it correctly, it supresses the effects of the dots and dashes on the screen so the picture is watchable on vintage equipment.

I don't really care if (the "M" word) is present, what I care about is being able to watch my antique and vintage TV's uninterupted by some insideous lines and dots all over the screen from DVD's that I have legally bought and paid for.

My apologies to Darius if through my improper description of his UVB unit I've caused him any "grief", but I'm not an engineer and I guess didn't thoroughly understand the operation of his unit. My understanding now is that (the "M" word) is not removed, but the effects are masked for viewing. The anti copy function of (the "M" word) is still present and fully functional.

Once again, my apologies to Darius for stirring up such a controversy, my intentions were honorable.

Bob.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 AM
compucat's Avatar
compucat compucat is offline
1949 Motorola 9VT1
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 970
That copy protection is annoying as anything. I have been looking for a way to get the lines off my sets for a while. The original Star Trek DVDs have it and the lines are bad when I watch it on my Zenith roundie. I may just have to order that kit.

Although I fundamentally object to any kind of forced copy protection, I would only want the kit to clear up the picture on my vintage tv sets. When I want to copy a DVD, I use my computer.

One thing that really offends me is the concept of software licensing. If I pay retail price for a software program, I own it, period. I don't like the manufacturer telling me I merely have permission to use it and dictating how many machines on which I can run it. Bill Gates started this in the early days of computers.

Sorry to stray off topic but the whole copy protection issue stirred up one of my favorite rants.
__________________
Just look at those channels whiz on by. - Fred Sanford
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2007, 01:02 PM
andy andy is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,004
...

Last edited by andy; 12-06-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 10-13-2007, 06:52 AM
oldeurope oldeurope is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solingen, Germany
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
That's not the 'm word'. It's those large positive square pulses that start just after the center line on the scope screen. ....
The pseudo-sync is.
Thus the UVB is the only solution (as far as I know) to watch m-word protected DVDs etc. on vintage equipment
without eliminating the m-word.

Last edited by oldeurope; 10-13-2007 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Text added
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.