Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 10-15-2007, 12:41 PM
rld-tv01's Avatar
rld-tv01 rld-tv01 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Seal Beach, Ca
Posts: 722
I agree it would make a good Avatar. My current Avatar is from the cover of a 1933 children's paint set "future things to come - Airplanes, ships and television". Supposedly the RCA poster was part of an estate sale from Staunton VA. I bought it Saturday from a outdoor booth in a field in Fisherville VA. I also got a 1920s Atwater Kent radio wooden sign. There was also a guy there with piece of glass in iron metal door which said RCA photoPhone (looked 1920/1930). I bought the glass for $5.00 and looked it up on the internet when I got home. I was hoping Photophone was RCA mechanical TV phone but it turns out it was RCA's invention for sound synchrozation for sound movies. I asked the seller if it had the rest of the RCA Photophone equipment. He said when he was loading his truck for the sale last week he took the glass off to sale and junked the rest. So i'm sort of glad the Photophone wasn't early RCA television equipment.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.