Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
I just bought another HD receiver on Ebay, for $35 shipped, after buying one from the same seller for my neighbor. I think this model may even allow converted DTV signals from its channel 3/4 RF output. I will know later tonight for sure. (It has RF output because it is a combo OTA/DirecTV HD receiver.)
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 PM
peverett peverett is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 883
My experience with the used Digital tuners is that the price is still low(but slightly higher than last fall). Last fall, I would be the only bidder, while now, two or three others also bid. This is why I say that these are becoming more popular.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2008, 03:42 AM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
I just bought another HD receiver on Ebay, for $35 shipped, after buying one from the same seller for my neighbor. I think this model may even allow converted DTV signals from its channel 3/4 RF output. I will know later tonight for sure. (It has RF output because it is a combo OTA/DirecTV HD receiver.)
I confirmed that the box I bought does have built-in RF NTSC (channel 3) output of tuned digital stations. It is a Hughes HTL-HD. Other near-identical boxes (all made by LG, the buyer of Zenith) are the Sony SAT-HD200 and SAT-HD300, Zenith HD-SAT520, and LG LSS-3200A. These Zenith/LG-designed boxes have superior ATSC performance, possibly better than what will be in the $40 boxes, even though they are 4-5 years old now.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.