![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
HI Pete,
A while back I searched the Government site for the specs of the converter boxes. In order to be elligable for the $40.00 coupon from the Government, the units must all conform to a set of specifications. Among the features that I was interested in were Composite Video output and stereo output. These features were manditory (if I am not mistaken) as well as RF output selectable for chanel 3 or 4. Also, any unit which qualifies for the coupon is PROHIBITED from offering component output or digital output. I am going to drive 4 RF modulators with two units that I am going to buy and my brother is going to give me 2 units with coupons that he is getting on my behalf. The RF modulators I am using require composite video to drive them and seperate audio too. I will combine the RF outputs of 5 modulators (which output on chanels 3,6,8,10,12) with a 12 input combiner, and send the VHF NTSC signals via an in-house cable system. The 5th modulator will have a dvd player driving it. Bob
__________________
Vacuum tubes are used in Wisconsin to help heat your house. New Web Site under developement ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
AND if you drop the 8 to 7, the 10 to 9, and the 12 to 11, you'll be able add a channel 13 modulator for a full complement of seven VHF channels we can feed into our vintage TV sets, which of course were not designed for adjacent channel allocations.Incidentally, I can't take the credit, that's the New York City VHF television allocation: 2,4,5,7,9,11, and 13! |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|