Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 03-09-2008, 08:27 PM
M3-SRT8's Avatar
M3-SRT8 M3-SRT8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, Mass
Posts: 652
Dave, you're a man after Dick Slade's heart. He's the guy who was so kind to give me that RCA 630TS that I restored. He wanted to just "plug her in & let her rip."

I plugged her in, without the 5U4's, just to see her light up all the tubes. I didn't try to reform the electrolytics, because I figured some were beyond hope (I was right).

I did heat up the chassis, upside down, with a heat gun to chase away any condensation, heat up the resistors, etc. After that, I just started replacing all the electrolytics & tube capacitors.

Call it overkill, but the thought of wiping out an unobtainium part(s) was overwhelming...

Ahhhh. I feel better. Now, on to the Next Project.

LJB
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.