Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 AM
yagosaga's Avatar
yagosaga yagosaga is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in Braunschweig
Posts: 690
John:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Folsom View Post
Way to go, Eckhard! Do you still have the original 7" CRT? As you may already know, there is a French company which is likely going to attempt some pre-war CRT rebuilds. Talk to Jerome Halphen, he knows the details.
I don't have the original Emiscope, but I hope that I can get it in the next weeks. I have also read about the crt rebuilding process in Paul Stenning's forum. It is an interesting thing. But before I deliver it to the French company (if I get the Emiscope), I want to wait for the reports about other crt projects.

At first, I want to replace the present crt-construction in the set with a 7" crt, and I want to solve the focus and width problems.

- Eckhard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 707_back.jpg (176.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 707_chassis1.jpg (144.4 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 707_chassis2.jpg (146.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 707_crt.jpg (101.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 707_el36.jpg (96.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 707_down2.jpg (184.2 KB, 86 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-21-2008, 09:32 AM
yagosaga's Avatar
yagosaga yagosaga is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in Braunschweig
Posts: 690
Meanwhile I have got a replacement crt from Darius (oldeurope). It is a radar crt, a 7BP7. The crt fits exactly in the Marconi 707. I had to remove a small amount of the cardboard from the center of the yoke, then I could slip the yokes over the neck of the 7BP7.

One remaining fault is in the line output transformer. I do not get sufficient width and linearity. I have to look for a replacement LOT or have to rewind it.

- Eckhard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _707mit7BP7.jpg (69.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg _707mit7BP7firstlight.jpg (10.5 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg CurrentOfLineOutputTube.jpg (33.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg OutputOfTheLOT.jpg (78.5 KB, 41 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2008, 05:07 PM
yagosaga's Avatar
yagosaga yagosaga is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in Braunschweig
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagosaga View Post
One remaining fault is in the line output transformer. I do not get sufficient width and linearity. I have to look for a replacement LOPT or have to rewind it.
Hi,

the lopt was actually bad. Ed Dinning in UK has rewound the lopt. Today I got the rewound lopt, and tonight I have installed the rewound lopt. The tv set has full line width without any further complications. Ed did a great job. I am so happy that the lopt is working properly now.

Some work on the focus coil is on my to-do list.

Kind regards,
Eckhard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 707withLOPTrewoundByEdDinning.jpg (30.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 707withLOPTrewoundByEdDinningTestcardC.jpg (59.2 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by yagosaga; 06-21-2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Photo added
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.