Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #40  
Old 07-28-2004, 08:27 PM
drh4683's Avatar
drh4683 drh4683 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,094
I agree with james. The b+k 667 is an excellent tester for TV use. I have used one, but dont own one. I have a sencore mightymite VII which is from the mid 70's so it has all the odd ball compactrons in the listings. It is essential that your tube tester have the capability of testing for grid emission (or sometimes called "grid leakage") Most tubes in TV's will test OK on emission but will fail grid emission tests, IF and signal amp tubes in particular are prone to grid emission failure. Also, LIFE TEST function is very helpful as this shows the quality of emission if the filament voltage is dropped. Most newer testers have those capabilitys. I like james like to test EVERY tube in a set before I go any further in diagnosis, as you can rule out the tube thing as a potential problem. Even if a set works just fine, I like to test every tube, as some tubes indicate shorts or other problems that dont effect the set, but will over time if not corrected.
__________________
I tolerate the present by living in the past...
To see drh4683's photo page, click here
To see drh4683's youtube page, click here
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.