Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-2008, 03:46 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
Yep, found them! The 2 models share a service manual-photos of both are on the cover. The date on the front page is 10-14-49. If you need info from it or would like to borrow it, let me know. I could try to do some scans, but the way the binder was put together it would be a real pain to seperate that one manual out. Probably some service updates in there for those sets, as well.
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Carmine's Avatar
Carmine Carmine is offline
...enjoys spaghetti.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 1,612
Any particular reason for this exact set? Sentimental reasons?
__________________
From Captain Video, 1/4/2007
"It seems that Italian people are very prone to preserve antique stuff."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-2008, 07:28 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
Any particular reason for this exact set? Sentimental reasons?
It's stricly sentimental reasons. Things that can't really be explained. Maybe it was from watching Howdy Doody, Disney, Eisenhower running for office, The Thin Man, Topper, Superman... Listening to classical music before I knew that's what it was. Oh, one shouldn't forget Captain Video...

Even when we had a color set I liked the Sylvania the best.

Strange coincidences. Whenever I tune in to WKAR-FM, our public station here. I always get silence. I turn up the volume and then boom, I find it was just a pause between segments. The same thing always happened with the Sylvania. I'd turn it on and there would be a Quaker Oats commercial.

John
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2008, 07:35 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
Yep, found them! The 2 models share a service manual-photos of both are on the cover. The date on the front page is 10-14-49. If you need info from it or would like to borrow it, let me know. I could try to do some scans, but the way the binder was put together it would be a real pain to seperate that one manual out. Probably some service updates in there for those sets, as well.
I'd love to borrow it. I have a Sams for it but I'd like to compare them. I'd pay for shipping/postage.

I'm not sure why I want to know this since I don't have a 1-128, but control B4 in the HV section is a trimmer capacitor. The Sam's doesn't indicate its value. Do they show that?

John
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2008, 10:53 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeyurkon View Post
I'd love to borrow it. I have a Sams for it but I'd like to compare them. I'd pay for shipping/postage.

I'm not sure why I want to know this since I don't have a 1-128, but control B4 in the HV section is a trimmer capacitor. The Sam's doesn't indicate its value. Do they show that?

John
The schematic is nicely drawn, easy to read. I wasn't sure about that particular trimmer-as usual, Sams labels things different than the factory did. (why did they have to do that?) I'll send you a PM about the manuals.
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.