|
I remember seeing a prototype Motorola 1" TV in Popular Electronics magazine about 40 years ago, and yes, they were designed to be held up to one eye to see the picture. The set used the earphone cord as the antenna and was powered, IIRC, by four AA batteries.
The young man who designed and built the small set being discussed here is indeed an intelligent fellow for his age--unusually so. I was working on old TVs when I was 13, in 1969, but I didn't know nearly enough to design a small set such as this. The designer of the small roundie shown here may well get through high school early, perhaps skipping a grade or two, and wind up graduating college by the time he is 17....it wouldn't surprise me, anyway.
__________________
Jeff, WB8NHV
Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002
Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
|