![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Try several different paint removers on an inconspicuous area near the back or bottom of the set. After you get the paint off, you might wanna try going over the bakelite w/an automotive rubbing/polishing compound, followed by a couple of applications of pure carnauba wax. Again, test ANY cleaners/waxes on a small unnoticable area. But I've cleaned up Bakelite w/my method, & its a LOT of work & elbow grease involved, but the cases I've done positively GLOW.
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
You could probably just scrape it off with a razor blade if it's on a flat surface.
Citri Strip won't hurt Bakelite either, I used it to strip the paint of an RCA Alice In Wonderland player with no ill effects. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I need to correct my post. Bakelite is chemical resistant because it is a phenolic resin, not because it is thermosetting. There are many thermosetting resins that are not very chemical resistant.
John |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|