![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
There's one of those sets in an Antique store by my house that's been there for a while, I'd love to get it, but they want $425 for it.
At first I though it was a pre-war set, but they actually had it dated 1949, and I believed them... Maybe the price will go down, and I can pick it up, it would be easy to get home, since the store is less than two blocks from my house... |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
If that were close to me I'd be all over it.
I wonder how he plan's to ship it for $115? |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Charlie Trahan He who dies with the most toys still dies. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Dang.....had one of these back in the 70s...
It came into my stereo shop as a throw-away from one of our good customers. The innards were shot - as in smoked - so I took a cheap Sanyo TV and reversed the sweep coil leads so that it could be mounted into the cabinet. Voila! had another working TV with the mirror in the lid.
It was sold quickly to a little old lady who had one of the original die on her and a repairman told her to buy new TV. It was fun watching it, as I recall, and you forgot you were looking at a mirror, too. Terry, you really will 'fix for food' won't you.....good to see you here. Cheers, David |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
That's only a couple hours away from me. My wife would kill me if I bought it. I don't have room for it right now anyway.
__________________
Sean - WØKPX |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hey Sean, You buy it and I will STORE it for you! Won't tell your wife, promise! Maxm, did you notice if it had the back on it? Mine is missing the back and I would love to see one for duplicating purposes.
Marlin |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yes, it had the back, from what I remember It was simply a metal screen back (similar to a window screen) which covered the entire back, with a wooden frame. I'll go back and check it out again, I was there on Friday buying a Christmas gift, and the set was still there at the same price ($425), but it has to come down some day
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|