Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 11-23-2008, 09:35 AM
compucat's Avatar
compucat compucat is offline
1949 Motorola 9VT1
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
I don't know if I would call them "tough" if compared to say a Dumont, or my personal favorite Sparton, BUT they are durable.
I would agree with that, they are durable sets. I have a Motorola 9VT1 8" electrostatic set from 1949. It is my back and white roundie and it is well made and not difficult to work on. I need to make a ballast tube replacement for it as I was watching it and it just turned off. I knew right away what was wrong. I need to get it out of the attic and repair it. I used to have it set up and in regular use when it was working. Although Motorola sets are designed to be relatively inexpensive, they are well made and perform nicely. I would not hesitate to work on another one. Even though it was considered a "cheap" TV, many are still around and serviceable 60 years later. You cant say that about today's cheap Walmart sets.
__________________
Just look at those channels whiz on by. - Fred Sanford
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.