Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #36  
Old 11-23-2002, 06:58 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Water

I'll pull the ends off this thing Monday at work ,I don't have a decent flat head screwdriver here at the house and those dang screws are tight!

I washed this set out with the hose, (see the attn:charlie thread)
and got some water inside the trannie, possibly this caused the short.

Originally when I powered it up the bulb would flicker and flash like the trans was frying. I baked it in the oven to dry it and now it's a steady light but far too much current is flowing.

I have a tranny from a 7" Admiral that might be about right, can't remember if it has a 5 volt winding though.

I have another from a KCS 47 RCA but it has about 375 volts coming out of it as opposed to the 275 called for in the GE, things might start popping with that much juice
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.