Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Jeffhs's Avatar
Jeffhs Jeffhs is offline
<----Zenith C845
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fairport Harbor, Ohio (near Lake Erie)
Posts: 4,035
Well, I'll be...I didn't think anyone made VCRs, let alone VCR/DVD combi units, capable of playing Betamax tapes anymore. Where did you find this one? All the combo DVD/VCR systems I've seen will work only with VHS videocassettes.
__________________
Jeff, WB8NHV

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Ed in Tx's Avatar
Ed in Tx Ed in Tx is offline
Zenith Walton My 1st TV
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
Well, I'll be...I didn't think anyone made VCRs, let alone VCR/DVD combi units, capable of playing Betamax tapes anymore. Where did you find this one? All the combo DVD/VCR systems I've seen will work only with VHS videocassettes.
Not sure if it actually exists or if it's an early April Fool's joke! But I read about such a machine in the back of the latest Sound&Vision magazine and did a search, and found a picture.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.