Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-30-2009, 08:36 AM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony V View Post
Look at the sellers feedback and join date. A definate newbie doing a typical newbie mistake. Probably picked it up at an estate auction for $50 and since he/she probably never seen an old one then it has to be a "rare and one of a kind" item that he'll/she'll be able to retire on. And i'm sure "Christi's" gave them a quote free and clear for an Ebay item....not! I could see $500 max if all were in working condition but no more than that.
-Tony
I bought from a seller with a similar feedback rating and I regretted it. Fortunately they weren't dishonest, just incompetent and things eventually worked out over a month later.

Just because I've bid in a couple of Christie's auctions I received postcards asking if I had anything to auction myself. They seemed to be a bit hungry for business. I doubt that they would evaluate an item on ebay, but he might have approached them before listing it.

For an item like this the feedback rating is a definite turnoff.

John
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.