Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:39 PM
peverett peverett is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 883
I am at present restoring one with what looks to be the same chassis. The Sams is 1954. I was kind of lucky with this one as someone had already replaced the electrolytics and had replaced many of the original caps with t orange drops.

I have just finished restoring a couple of these from 1953, the MARK V chassis. The 1953 MARK V models had a better chassis, with a 5u4 rectifier,(54 has Seleniums), an actual limiter stage in the sound system(missing on the 54 model), and 4 if stages(3 in 1954). As I am connecting the 53 model to a DTV converter box, the no. of IF stages is of no consequence. However, the limiter makes for much less buzz in the sound.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.