Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
I'm just kind of worried about Hawkeye going out of business before I determine the status of this CRT.

I used the 5AXP4 to experiment on to make sure I wasn't going to destroy the 10MP4.

It's a bit more than just getting the horizontal section working in this set since it doesn't use a flyback. I need to make sure the horizontal is working as well as the RF HV. If the horizontal doesn't work when the HV comes on I risk damaging the CRT. The RF transformer in the HV could be considered being made of unobtainium. I might be able to rewind it, but would prefer that I didn't have to try. I could use a modern HV supply, but I want to keep it original.

That means I want to be extremely careful about everything, and that'll take time.

I don't plan on trying to restore the CRT in any event. If it doesn't work, or is very weak, I'm sending it to Scotty if he'll take it.

John
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.