Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Old1625's Avatar
Old1625 Old1625 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Western MA
Posts: 426
I'd want to study those sets carefully before getting too involved with them; there is glaring evidence of past moisture, which means a good chance of extensive corrosion and reliability issues.

This looks like the lot I had here--well over 150 sets, and all moisture-damaged. I pulled them out of a long-retired TV tech's cellar in a deal made with him for several Tek scopes and other interesting gear he had--I clean out his cellar--I get his test equipment.

The scopes were all damaged beyond repair, as they were submerged a few times in floods that took place there. The old guy was unaware, as he had been unable for years to go down and do anything there in his basement workshop. But the high-water mark was obvious, and well up most of the equipment stored there.

He was convinced he had a gold mine of stuff there. but the only piece of test gear that was salvageable was a B&K "flying spot" video generator, and I had to pay later to get rid of the best part of that lot of TVs--to say nothing of the labor involving me and a bunch of friends in moving the damned things.

As remarked the CRTs in the posted pics may be of value, especially the unmounted ones.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.