Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:40 PM
old_tv_nut's Avatar
old_tv_nut old_tv_nut is offline
See yourself on Color TV!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rancho Sahuarita
Posts: 7,790
Good luck! Not only have recordings and films deteriorated over the years, but NBC was incredibly sloppy about any standards for the color consistency of the peacock. I have seen actual film copies that apparently were intended for use on the air that had horrendous exposure, contrast, and color problems. Of course, they were also faded towards pink due to age, but you could tell that they were't good originally. You can see this in some of the videos on the web - the green is practically gray, yellow turning orange or overexposed, and the white part totally burned out while other colors are excessively dark. Every published version in magazines, on other advertising items, even the NBC Peacock board game, had a different version of the colors. It is much easier to make a collection of "all the many (bad) versions of the peacock" than to find even one definitive good copy.
This will give you an idea of what it should look like:
http://www.big13.net/NBC%20Peacock/NBCPeacock1.htm
I have NEVER seen it look like this anywhere else.

If you do find good ones, I'd be happy to go in on the cost of acquisition and cover material costs for a non-profit copy.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Ed in Tx's Avatar
Ed in Tx Ed in Tx is offline
Zenith Walton My 1st TV
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,420
I followed a couple of links and found this..

http://www.kingoftheroad.net/colorTV/peacock1.html

I saved it as an AVI file
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
ohohyodafarted's Avatar
ohohyodafarted ohohyodafarted is offline
Bob Galanter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Whitefish Bay, Wi (Milwaukee)
Posts: 1,080
I am aware of kingoftheroad site. That does not help. You can not take a highly compressed video stream from the net and display it on a 21" color tv. There is no where near enough information in that compressed video to display a decent picture on a 21" crt.

I am looking for raw NTSC video.

Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

Bob G.
__________________
Vacuum tubes are used in Wisconsin to help heat your house.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Ed in Tx's Avatar
Ed in Tx Ed in Tx is offline
Zenith Walton My 1st TV
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,420
Yes I understand I just happened across that link and thought it was kind of cool... no good for quality NTSC video though.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.