Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #20  
Old 03-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Ed in Tx's Avatar
Ed in Tx Ed in Tx is offline
Zenith Walton My 1st TV
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hafer View Post
My first VCR was a Panasonic PV-1500 in 1979. I still have tapes I made back in 1979 and 1980 ...

So, who wants to bet my DVD recordings I made on my DVD recorder using DVD-R disks will still play 30 years from now.
John
My thoughts exactly. My first VCR was a Panasonic PV-1000 and I too have old tapes from '78-'79 on, that still play fine.

Another thought.. all the TV captured on tape from the '70s, '80s, and '90s up until DVRs took over, and that kind of archiving won't exist in the future with no more VCRs and all hard drive based DVRs...
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.