Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250rider View Post
I believe there's a working TK-41 in a private collection in Tujunga, CA.

Charles
I'd give my Eyeteeth...Have absolutely no use whatsoever for one, lack the technical skills to keep one working, no real room to store/display one, but I'd STILL love to have one...Maybe someday Julian will cabbage on one, & I can go down & "love" on his, & get it out of my system...I just think they're kewl as all get-out. Always have, even when I was a widdle kid & would see one on TV...I've seen studio cameras since then, & even have owned a couple of industrial cameras, but it ain't the same thing...Those big ol' grey, humptyback beasts say "Color Television" in the same way a Roundie does-everything that came after is sorta a pretender to the throne. Or am I being silly as usual ?
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Aussie Bloke's Avatar
Aussie Bloke Aussie Bloke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I'd give my Eyeteeth...Have absolutely no use whatsoever for one, lack the technical skills to keep one working, no real room to store/display one, but I'd STILL love to have one...Maybe someday Julian will cabbage on one, & I can go down & "love" on his, & get it out of my system...I just think they're kewl as all get-out. Always have, even when I was a widdle kid & would see one on TV...I've seen studio cameras since then, & even have owned a couple of industrial cameras, but it ain't the same thing...Those big ol' grey, humptyback beasts say "Color Television" in the same way a Roundie does-everything that came after is sorta a pretender to the throne. Or am I being silly as usual ?
Not at all in my opinion. Nothing beats having the original TK-41, the FIRST TV camera to be used for official colour broadcasting, well not the first, there was the TK-40 but anyways the TK-40/41 cameras are a must have for anyone into broadcast television history and to have them in working order would be mind blowing!!!

I personally have some 70s industrial Sony cameras myself including a 1974 colour Sony DXC-1200P camera http://www.labguysworld.com/Sony_DXC-1200.htm which I plan to restore with online technical help. I could go out and get myself a handycam but I think it's more fun to use an ancient colour camera made before I was born today, I love to shoot the modern world through the eye of a camera that's decades old, I get so much thrill out of it. It's a pity Australia got colour way too late, I would of loved to go trekkin around Australia tracking down TK-41s and roundie colour TVs.
__________________
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!! OI OI OI!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.