![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Charles,
Long drive on a somewhat vague discription of an old tv. You never know tho. It could have been a 22" Westinghouse from the '50's. That crumbling shed is prime rattlesnake territory. You did the right thing. -Steve D.
__________________
Please visit my CT-100, CTC-5, vintage color tv site: http://www.wtv-zone.com/Stevetek/ |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
The demo contractor was tearing that shed apart when he spotted the TV, so he laid off, and called me. Much better than if he had reported later that he had flattened a shed with "some sort of REALLY old color TV in it". That's happened to me many times, including an entire TV collector's house which was bulldozed with 100s of TVs in it, in North Hollywood, in the late 80s or early 90s. It was a county estate/probate thing with no family. I heard it & saw photos from a real estate agent who had shown the house before the county tore it down. Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10 |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I did see an old B&W console set in an apartment after the storm, simply because the entire side of the building collapsed. It was like looking into a dollhouse. I wish I had a camera on me that day. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|