Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-12-2009, 10:51 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick AV-8 View Post
Thanks Guys!!
I am getting ready to start recaping and took out he halolight switch that was located up front in the console..that was when I saw those two large resistors. One looks crumbly and a bit hollow. * the halolight plugs into the Acme power supply mounted seperate on the side...anything in there I should be digging for... or can I leave that can of worms closed??
Yeah, I'd leave the supply alone. I think that's just a transformer.

The resistor may be bad. Those are wirewound according to the parts list. The nichrome, or whatever alloy they use, seems to corrode away. At least the ones in my Sylvania did that. There weren't for a halolight, but in the audio section of my receiver.

John
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.