Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Tubejunke's Avatar
Tubejunke Tubejunke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Martinsville, VA
Posts: 1,823
Can you safely power up a chassis with the tuner and crt disconnected long enough to do voltage checks?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
Re tube extenders, here's a photo from when I restored my Predicta. One is shown with a tube plugged into the chassis. The others are just strewn around to show different types. I got a whole sackful at a swap meet years ago.

They do come in handy. Before I knew there was such a thing, I hand-built one to test voltages in the RF deck of a Hallicrafters SX-28. The construction is such that you can't reach the underside of the tube base at all. Same deal on the PC board of this Predicta, as I recall. My handmade extender is the one with little white "socks" on its legs. Not as spiffy (or safe) as the factory extenders, but it got the job done.

Phil Nelson

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.