Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Reece's Avatar
Reece Reece is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleona, PA
Posts: 2,178
Not propane: could end up on the ten o'clock news. Good idea is to bag it and throw in a bunch of moth balls, seal securely. That'll get 'em.

Reece
__________________
Reece

Perfection is hard to reach with a screwdriver.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2009, 12:19 PM
batterymaker's Avatar
batterymaker batterymaker is offline
Repro Battery Builder
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 179
Agreed--or your TV might wind up like this:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAyuq8sDCeg
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2009, 09:40 PM
John Marinello's Avatar
John Marinello John Marinello is offline
<-- "Byron"
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lake Murray, SC
Posts: 1,125
Don't use hydrogen & oxgen either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMB2VR0087w
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-18-2009, 11:12 PM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
there is a green and yellow wire of a transformer that sits directly behind the HV cage. It get full B+. I get 12 ohms to ground from that wire (I have disconnected it at the terminal strip). I get 20 ohms between it and the other green lead from the same side of the tranny. I assume that is ok, but that maybe there is a internal short between the primary and secondary. (there is another green lead that goes to the convergence socket and ground). I unbolted the transformer to see if the short was to the case, but that was not it. Can someone confirm the resistance reading I should be getting on that green/yellow lead to ground? I am sure that is what is causing the B+ issue. The filter caps checked out fine.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-18-2009, 11:38 PM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
disconnect both of the green lead for the one side (not the convergence socket side) now the B+ load is about 8k with cold filaments (resistance reading at the output of the bridge rectifier). Was 24 ohms (yikes) with the transformer in circuit.

Gonna need some help locating a replacement, figured I would ask here, and give moyers a call. I need a part number.

Its a CTC16XL, not sure what it is but its the xforer behind the HV cage. has

grn/yellow (disconnect to find short to ground)
grn (disconnect to find short to ground)
blue
red
yellow

then on the other side

Orange
blk/wht
red/blk
red/wht
red/green
green (this is connected to the chassis, I suspect it is a internal primary to secondary short causing the problem)

Last edited by DaveWM; 10-19-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 10-19-2009, 09:53 AM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
figured I would start a new thead since I now know what I have

http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=246274
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.