Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
I assume this is a rebuild sticker, which says 12JP4. It's on the bell, halfway under the cushioned mounting strap.

It would be easy enough to take off the ion trap and see what happens.

When I first got the set, I feared it might have a bad video problem, since there was nothing on the screen but extremely faint, wandering mush. Small adjustments of the ion trap did nothing. At one point, I tried moving the trap around a lot more and a bright picture suddenly snapped in.

The trap was nowhere near working in its original position. Now the magnet is rotated roughly 180 degrees and it has been moved slightly front or back. Of course, a trap could have been nudged by accident in moving. The previous owner had the chassis in and out of the cabinet at least a couple of times.

I don't know who would put an ion trap on a CRT that doesn't use one. Maybe the same guy who hotwired the ginormous 10 mfd cap in the power supply.

Phil

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.