Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-29-2009, 02:06 PM
dreyfoos dreyfoos is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 64
I'll second that.

Same "no pix" problem here. Maybe they didn't survive the trailer ride? I PM'd John.

Roger
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
dreyfoos dreyfoos is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 64
I've got the pix.

I've micaculously got the pix now. Now here's my opinion. You don't need no stinkin' rosettes. Seems quite possible that someone decided (perhaps at the factory) that it looked as good or better without the rosettes.

Or, maybe the Sylvania legal department decided that as add-ons, a little kid could figure out how to take them off and swallow one.

One person's opinion,

Roger
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-29-2009, 02:33 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyfoos View Post
I've micaculously got the pix now. Now here's my opinion. You don't need no stinkin' rosettes. Seems quite possible that someone decided (perhaps at the factory) that it looked as good or better without the rosettes.

Or, maybe the Sylvania legal department decided that as add-ons, a little kid could figure out how to take them off and swallow one.

One person's opinion,

Roger
After looking more closely I can see where one was glued to the left side. I don't see any evidence on the right side.

I'll leave this for last and decide then which way I prefer it. I tried a quick search per Bob's suggestion. I need to find one that's 3/4" in diameter. Most seem to be much larger than this.

John
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2009, 11:39 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
I've started to remove the cedar lining. Fortunately my dad didn't glue them in. They're tongue and groove and were nailed as you would flooring with small brads. The nail holes are almost invisible.

I was happy to see the tube chart is still there. I'm a bit confused though. They went to the effort of making a label especially for the model 1-128. That uses a 12" CRT. Yet they show both the 10" 10MP4 and 12VP4 as possible CRTs. Why show the 10MP4 when it was used in the 1-076?

It's also curious that the "UL" label was inked out. I wonder if it didn't meet UL certification?

I'll take more photos after I remove all the cedar and figure out what's missing. I found one surprise already. Maybe it'll be clear after I remove more cedar.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tube_chart.jpg (134.2 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by jeyurkon; 11-30-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Spelling, a homophone tripped me up.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.