![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I've never seen splitting like that before-the dull finish looks like lacquer going bad when there is too much moisture in the air. But that would be a rare thing in winter. Given that nitrocellulose lacquer's chemical relatives aren't the most stable things on earth (dynamite, nitrate film) I wouldn't be surprised if your can of toner just went bad.
Last edited by leadlike; 09-06-2011 at 09:11 PM. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm glad it wasn't the shellac after you put 15 coats on! I'd be in trouble for suggesting it.
John |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
It actually went pretty fast the second time around. I used aerosol shellac. Each coat dried in a few minutes
Last edited by bandersen; 03-19-2010 at 09:05 PM. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|