Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #27  
Old 03-27-2010, 08:56 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D. View Post
John,

I stand corrected on the Aldrich top being plywood under the photo finish. My Aldrich didn't have factory UHF, so I installed a UHF receiver inside the cabinet and drilled two holes in the side for the receiver knobs to protrude. I recall that at least the side panels were fiberboard or Masonite. This was many years ago. I don't drll holes in CTC-5's (or any vintage set) anymore. I do agree that you should leave the finish alone, although you probably could touch up the top a bit.

-Steve D.
And you were right about the sides. They are Masonite.

John
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.