Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:46 AM
PredictaNoob's Avatar
PredictaNoob PredictaNoob is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
Seems low priority to me. I have TVs with horrible looking flybacks that work fine day in, day out.

You can always revisit the issue after you finish restoring everything else. What is the state of the TV, otherwise? For example, do you know whether the CRT is dead or alive? I'd focus on making it work and worry about a little piece of insulation later.

Phil Nelson
I'll finish testing the resistors tonight, so far 7 are out of tolerance, I'm waiting on the caps & electrolytics to come in, and I do not have a CRT tester so that will have to wait until I'm ready to power up the set. I've just been addressing things I can do while I wait for the parts to arrive. The Army Post Office is sloooooow.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.