Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Reece's Avatar
Reece Reece is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleona, PA
Posts: 2,178
Ain't the internet wonderful? If we were doing all this back before the web, we'd be isolated without knowing there are all of those sources out there.
__________________
Reece

Perfection is hard to reach with a screwdriver.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2010, 01:35 PM
compucat's Avatar
compucat compucat is offline
1949 Motorola 9VT1
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 970
The only thing strange about this replacement pot is that I have to turn the control further than i used to with the old one to obtain the same volume level. For example, I used to give it a quarter turn with the old pot to get a satisfactory volume level. With the new pot installed, I have to set the control at about one third to get the same level. Could it be that I have a linear taper pot instead of an audio or is it a normal difference between two controls? The values of the control are correct. With the loudness tap removed I get louder volume but the tone switch won't work if I do that.
__________________
Just look at those channels whiz on by. - Fred Sanford
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.