Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2010, 12:08 AM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
I bought a Ford Taurus once with 97,000 miles on it and then replaced the starter with a "lifetime warranty" rebuilt one. I got three more replacements as I drove that car another 100,000 miles before I sold it.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-31-2010, 09:54 AM
peverett peverett is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 883
Man, you have had bad luck with starters. My mother has had two Ford Taurus's and did not replace the starter on either one. One went over 300,000 miles and the present one has around 150,000 miles on it.

Back closer to the subject of the thread-on antiqueradios.com, there is a thread about the extremely el-cheapo 12 inch B&W sets GE built in the early 1960s. I would bet GE did not guarantee the PC boards on these. In the TV shop I cleaned out, there were several of these. Only two had PC boards that were not completely fried. I was able to get these going, but they quit again, so I need to look at them. Everything the thread says about these sets is true!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.