Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #19  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:17 AM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Speaker

I made a mount for the speaker. I suppose there's a technical name for it.

I attached a grille cloth. The proper grill cloth would have had a similar pattern, but much darker brown. Almost charcoal grey with silver thread running through it.

There seems to be a stain on the cloth. I noticed it when I went to iron it. I think it's oil or sweat. When I placed the first order for the cloth they sent me a 1'x2' piece when I ordered and paid for a 2'x2' piece. I think next time I'll order it from the place that specializes in vintage grille cloth. I suspect they put more care into it.

There's some stain, water based I hope, that I have to clean off of the finish. This was from when my dad converted the cabinet to a linen cabinet and lined it with cedar. He had to add some rails and stained them to match. There's a few holes to fill also.

I have to make some round corner molding to finish the installation of the speaker.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speaker_mount.jpg (104.9 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg grille_cloth.jpg (142.1 KB, 126 views)
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.