Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:24 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Dah-Yum, I'd be tempted to leave it outta its case...Dat's PURTY !!!
Yeah, but someone would probably get a real charge out of the 19AP4!

John
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Dah-Yum, I'd be tempted to leave it outta its case...Dat's PURTY !!!
The cabinet is actually still back in the antique shop waiting for Nixer to pick it up. He's over your way in Tennessee. I'm only going to restore the chassis and somehow get it over to him.

I've seen you mention some folks that restore cabinets in other posts. Maybe they could fix up this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterymaker View Post
I have those octal plugs if you need one. They're actually battery plugs, using a pilot hole instead of a key--they were used in AB battery packs.
Oh yeah, they do look like battery plugs. PM Sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeyurkon View Post
Yeah, but someone would probably get a real charge out of the 19AP4!

John
Ouch - for sure. Here's the itty-bitty little 5AXP4 I'm using while restoring it.
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Will the 5AXP4 handle the HV of a 19" tube?
Does that set use a doubler circuit for the HV?

I tried one in a 21" rectangular set and it arced inside from too much juice, the rectangular test tube (8YP4?) worked OK though.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.