Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 09-09-2010, 08:19 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
So why would I be interested in this basket case ? Well for one, there actually are a couple very hard to find parts I need for other sets on that rusty chassis. The IF shield for my other 20X122 and the combo power / volume / focus control for a 20X12.

As for the cabinet, I actually have a spare Admiral 30B1 chassis that might fit. I found it in some curbside garbage back in the mid 80s and have hung onto it all these years. It's in very condition and worked the last time I powered it up back in the 90s.



So does it fit ?

Yes, it does


All the mounting holes seem to line up too. The 20X122 only has a single chassis so I was surprised to find holes down here.


The only minor issue is that it protrudes about 3/4"


Looks pretty good from the front.


That only leaves the "sharp tuning" control and channel # plate.

I think I can enlarge the shaft hole and use this knob. I may try to fabricate the channel plate.
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.