Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-10-2010, 04:29 PM
7"estatdef 7"estatdef is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Roslyn,Pa near Phila.
Posts: 406
Hi Guys
Somewhere around here I've got an article from Popular Science back in 1949 about the making of those cabinet. I'll see if I can post in on flicker.
Terry
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-11-2010, 12:47 AM
TheNixer's Avatar
TheNixer TheNixer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ooltewah, Tennessee
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7"estatdef View Post
Hi Guys
Somewhere around here I've got an article from Popular Science back in 1949 about the making of those cabinet. I'll see if I can post in on flicker.
Terry
Terry that would be awesome! I'd certainly be grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7"estatdef View Post
M3-SRT8 picked up one of these sets recently and just today discovered all the original paperwork was at the bottom of the box! Operation instructions, warranty card, service guide, etc.

He sent me this picture from his phone. I can't wait to see some scans.
Wow! I'd love to see a scan of all that stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
TheNixer's Avatar
TheNixer TheNixer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ooltewah, Tennessee
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7"estatdef View Post
Hi Guys
Somewhere around here I've got an article from Popular Science back in 1949 about the making of those cabinet. I'll see if I can post in on flicker.
Terry
I noticed old issues of Popular Science were on line and searchable. I didn't find any articles but I did find a sort of ad. I think Bandersen has already posted this photo but it's all I could find. It's from the September 1949 issue. I saw mention of Admiral in a later issue where they compare portables in 1955 but that was all. Needless to say I won't be gathering six of my best friends any time soon to re-enact this photo.

It states here the cabinet was made by Molded Products Corp. Is that to say Admiral didn't make the cabinet in house?


Last edited by TheNixer; 09-13-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.