![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Emco makes a HV module that can be used to replace the defective Philco HV supply but they are bloody expensive!
http://www.emcohighvoltage.com/ |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Tom, here's the page with the information on the replacement module.
http://www.myvintagetv.com/philco_hv.htm |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Have you ever talked to John Folsom about possibly replicating this with his super-duper coil winding machine? Knowing nothing about coils, I don't know whether it would be easy or hard . . . .
Phil Nelson |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Surplus Sales of Nebraska has some.
We used to cannibalize Conrac monitors for the HV supply module - and it was variable! Something like 9-17 KV with 24 volt input, and about 1.5" x 3" x 6" in size. Output was to a female plug attached to HV wire. Cheers,
__________________
Brian USN RET 22YRS (Avionics/Cal) CET-Consumer Repair and Avionics ('88) "Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79" When fuses go to work, they quit! |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
The boss there turned out to be the 2nd worst manager of my life, knocked from 1st place by some idiot boss I had at Bell Labs.
__________________
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
wa2ise, I remember seeing such a machine in the hospital that I worked at! Basically, you stuck a big piece of sheet film into a lower drawer that contained a crt. You were essentially making a 1:1 contact print directly onto the film. You watched the action on a live monitor that sat atop the exposure unit.
The Doc saw me reading through the manual in the break room, and commented with something like "oh yeah, that thing was a real waste of money." Not sure if the machine used x-ray film or not, but at the time I was using x-ray film in my view cameras because I could get it from the hospital for cheap, so it certainly was sensitive to light well into the visible spectrum. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|