Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Zenith26kc20's Avatar
Zenith26kc20 Zenith26kc20 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 857
Watch out for the vertical controls. I have replaced many of them for the problems you describe.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-28-2010, 08:56 AM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
the little pots on the back of the pcb? should I try an test them in circuit?

I have cleaned the transistor sockets, and the serv switch.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 AM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
I guess the smart thing to do would be to touch those pots when it acts up...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-28-2010, 10:58 AM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
tried it again, vert is rock solid, before it was sort of like a mild foldover on the bottom, then some shrink from the bottom, and the occasional wink out to no vert at all.

I may reinstall that transistor to see if that really is the prob. I also have a transistor tester (checks beta with large meter readout) just to see if it test any different, that is if I confirm it is the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
Put it on the transistor analyzer (eico 685) could not get it to calibrate, squeezing the transistor and all of a sudden it would deflect full. Def a mechanical defect in the junction, so I will be tossing this one.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 10-28-2010, 11:50 AM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
heat does the same thing, it would open and close based on holding a hear source to the transistor. I wanted to make sure it was not my alligator clips on the leads that were causing the issue (the good transistor did not have any issues with the leads).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.