Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
It'll be interesting to see if the fan helps.

The 6C4 seems a little whimpy to me for this application. Did you try another one?

John
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-03-2010, 09:18 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
I hope I'm not drifting too far off topic. I'm posting some info on the Sylvania RF HV supply, it's possible problems and solutions. Maybe there's some similarity to the Hallicrafter.

When you adjust the HV they have you tune to the high capacity side of the HV curve. It seems to help compensate for whatever changes happen as it warms up. I haven't been able to come up with any convincing ideas about why this works.

They started with a 6SN7 and switch to a 6Y6. I do know that trying various 6Y6's is important. Ones that test the same perform quite differently.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stability_mod.jpg (121.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg HV_6Y6.jpg (112.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg select_tube.jpg (83.7 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.