![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I also remember going to the1964-65 New York World's Fair, & going thru the pavillion where you could "SEE YOURSELF ON COLOR TV !!"...They had a moving sidewalk, & all the sheeple got to see themselves on several hapless CTC-15s or 16s, I guess...Poor things had been "on", at that point, for prolly close to 18 months, 24/7, & their tongues were hangin' out...Don't remember much except the pics were very distorted, & the people's faces were a rather sickening purplish/green...
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
the first i can recall was a rose bowl parade around 1957?when we got a color set,it was the flintstones.the first movie that i watched in color was the wizard of oz.the coming of color was and still is in my opinion the greatest development in television history.the anticipation and excitement.those early sets delivered a fine color picture.we just couldnt keep our hands off the controls!
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I remember seeing "The Virginian", also known as "The Men From Shiloh" in color when we were on a visit at my uncles home in 1970. I was ten years old. Three years later, I watched Star Trek at my friends home. My first working color tv set I get in 1977, it was from 1967, and the crt had a weak red gun. One year later, we bought a used eight-year-old hybrid tv, made in 1968.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|