Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 PM
electroking's Avatar
electroking electroking is offline
a- v- karma member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal (QC), Canada
Posts: 743
I have a bunch of Canadian TV service manuals (Radio College of Canada). If you
wish, I may look this up for you over the weekend. As a matter of fact
that would be a 'last chance before winter' opportunity, as I will be making my
final trip to that location until next spring. Hope you get to keep and restore this
TV, any Canadian model from that vintage is bound to be quite rare. Get back
to me if you're interested (by Friday)...

Welcome to the forum by the way, you just hit the right place. Also be sure to
visit audiokarma.com, much more activity there... In fact both sites used to
be one.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Blondee's Avatar
Blondee Blondee is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
I would love that

thank you and any information would be appreciated..... I probably won't get to keep it... I bought it because my parents had one just like it..... wanted to keep the memory.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Tim's Avatar
Tim Tim is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 649
HI Blondee

That is nearly identical to the first set we had when I was a kid. A 1953 model. Yours looks like it has 1953 trim with 1954 knobs. Those rounded corners are very recognizable. Take a look at this 1954 brochure:

http://www.tvhistory.tv/1954-Admiral-Brochure.JPG Model T2212 looks close to yours, second from the left in the top row.

My dad kept our set running by replacing tubes, and even the picture tube once, until 1965 when we replaced it with a Silvertone color set.

Hope you can save it.
__________________
Tim
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.