Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-24-2010, 09:24 PM
holmesuser01's Avatar
holmesuser01 holmesuser01 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
I am old enough to remember the color programs being announced, I think that went away sometime in the 70's as I can recall the Brady Bunch being announced as being "in color".

The FBI, IN COLOR! Bonanza, presented in Living Color Etc...

It was confusing as a small kid with a B&W TV why we didn't see them in color after they had just announced that they would be!
My dad's sis got a CTC-16. I remember the cabinet was beautiful... nothing like the TV we had at home. Seems like we always saw half of a Batman episode at her house, and had to go home to watch the other one on our set.

That was nearly 3 years before we got a color set. Toward the end, the family watched a few of my project B/W sets.

We ended up with a Motorola 23" that had the small neon indicator to tell us when a color show was on... I also know that my dad had a total of 3 picture tubes installed in this set before we moved on up to the first solid-state 25V Magnavox, and away from tube stuff...

(I kept the Motorola limping along for a couple of years before the tube went dark again, just like all the others.)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.