![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
My first color experience was when I lived in St. Petersburg, FL. I saw the Howdy Doody Show in 1957 on a CTC-4 at the home of the owner of the TV shop where I hung out after school. I went to school with his kids and got invited over that day. The color was great since the set was set up by an RCA field service tech who visited the shop every few months. Later I got to watch Bonanza and The Perry Como Show every couple of weeks. More really great color... With regard to "Matinee Theater" I remember watching a few minutes of that at the TV shop, when, during the course of the show, a lady appeared on camera wearing a brilliant blue dress. She had very blonde hair, but her red lipstick was smeared about three inches to the right of her mouth, hanging there in thin air! Can you say differential phase and gain??? Cliff Last edited by cbenham; 12-03-2010 at 02:50 AM. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
"wizard of oz" is still the best movie to watch for color.many technicolor movies look fantastic,also shows like "bonanza" and the "virginian".i remember a company called "perfect pathe" in the screen credits,those movies always had a very nice look.when "the fugitive" went to color,it lost something.maybe the sinister,desperate feel.the nbc color shows seemed to be a little better than the rest."you dont say"was really great to watch.abc s "hollywood palace" was another."dean martin show"was the king of all.that was a beautiful,fun,show to watch.like going to a party for an hour.color tv was technical marvel in the 50s and 60s.imho,the greatest addition to television.i like hd,but the coming of color was greatest milestone.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|