Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I think I only got to see the "Rudolph" show maybe once or 2X when I was a kid, IIRC, they showed it on the Sunday Night our church had their big Little Kiddies' Christmas shindig...And I DID NOT have the option of not going, unless I was so sick I wished I could die...I feigned a Sore Throat one time, & Mama said I'd have to go to bed...NO TV...I made a MIRACULOUS recovery...Same old dumb stuff every year...Plus, we had to go to Sunday School & Church, then back to the church at 4.30 for the Christmas Shindig, & it wasn't over til 8 or so...And I was of the age that "Church" meant shirt 'n' tie, scratchy wool pants, suit jacket, the whole 9 yards...
ugh Sandy you brought up that stuff, I always got to open a present on Christmas eve, remember those big yellow Tonka dump trucks? I dreamed about having them things for 2 years and I wanted one, I finally got it on Christmas eve, as soon as the wheels hit the floor, "come on we have to go to candlelight Service at church" I was like WTF? lol
All I could think of was the big yellow truck as I dripped candle wax on the church floor under the pew, but I was creative enough to make certain wax figures of that long winded ole preacher who loved to hear himself save the world and evrytime he would blow I would poke his wax figure with the half pencil. In fact I am goin to call mom right now and get after her about her teasing me with that truck through that whole long boring service, I still stay away from that church.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.