Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 04-20-2011, 08:09 AM
leadlike's Avatar
leadlike leadlike is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 956
More problems with the audio amp: I found a wiring mistake that messed up the cathode bias on the output tube, causing the amp to remain silent.

After that was cleared up, I finally had a roughly recapped chassis:



But more audio issues were evident: I wasn't getting any audio still, although the amp was sound. I found an IF tube was dead (open filament) but still nothing. Something wasn't quite right with my measurements on the oscillator, and when I pulled the tube, the plate pin remained in the socket. Luckily, I have another 6C4, and when I dropped that in, I finally was rewarded with the sweet sounds of static.

The fly is also good! After capping, HV came up right away! Now, to hook up the crt (really wish I had a mini test crt right now) and see if I am getting a picture!
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.