Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 04-21-2011, 09:16 PM
leadlike's Avatar
leadlike leadlike is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 956
I had the picture tube hooked up, and was rewarded with an out of sync image, but audio and video were of reasonable quality. I removed the crt and flipped the chassis again, changed a few resistors and micas, flipped it again, reinstalled the crt and power up, this time, the 5u4 flamed out. I quickly ID'd a short in the horizontal section, so I dreaded that the flyback was out.

Checking a little more closely, I found that the width coil was missing the inner former tube, making it flop around loosely on its leads. The threaded steel wire that slides in and out of the coil was shorting to it, the adjuster being grounded to the chassis. Essentially, the 5u4 was shorted dead to ground.

With the problem identified, I slipped a cocktail straw into the coil as a new form, and glued the coil back into place. Now the width coil is electrially sound, and still adjustable.

Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.