Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2011, 04:33 PM
stromberg6's Avatar
stromberg6 stromberg6 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ellington,CT
Posts: 465
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I believe RCA made a chassis in the early 80's with I Q processing. I think it was a CTC13X chassis, but I forget the exact chassis number.
My CTC-136B is wide-band, manufactured in 1986, and has the I-Q chipset. I'll look at the SAMS to see about the single-ended I delay line. I'm getting much from the topic of the "glow" that may be due to grid contamination. I'll see if I can find an hour or more later tonight to fire up my 4, and look for the glow. Thanks for all the info!
Kevin
__________________
stromberg6
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-29-2011, 07:49 PM
JBL_1 JBL_1 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromberg6 View Post
My CTC-136B is wide-band, manufactured in 1986, and has the I-Q chipset. I'll look at the SAMS to see about the single-ended I delay line. I'm getting much from the topic of the "glow" that may be due to grid contamination. I'll see if I can find an hour or more later tonight to fire up my 4, and look for the glow. Thanks for all the info!
Kevin
Just poking around and saw this thread. I was designing televisions at RCA in Indianapolis when the CTC-136 was made. While the Sanyo IC has I/Q demodulation it did not have the wide I channel that was only used in the CTC-131 and CTC-132. I seem to remember the short lived CTC-133 used the same RCA designed chip but the wide I feature was not incorporated. The CTC-121 was the first 25" in the space of a 19" but did not have the Wide I processing..

In those days RCA designed all the IC's in their receivers. I designed the deflection processor in the CTC-146. RCA in Sommerville was the first source and Hitachi was the second source. I remember having to tweak some resistors in the 32 h input circuit as hitachi's transistors behaved a little
different than RCA's.

The CTC-131 chip set included a wide I demodulator and a kine drive IC with auto kine bias. Those were the days....

The CTC-135/136 was a low end chassis designed by RCA Taiwan and overseen by Indianapolis. It used a Sanyo chip that was modified to meet RCA's specs.

I wish i could remember why the Wide I was removed from the CTC-133. Seems there was some reason.. I may have some of those IC's around if I can find them!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-29-2011, 08:21 PM
stromberg6's Avatar
stromberg6 stromberg6 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ellington,CT
Posts: 465
JBL-1, my previous post stated that I had a CTC-136B, but it's a 133B. There's a 135 in my daughter's bedroom, and it's not bad for a little Taiwan TV.
I wasn't aware that the I wasn't wide-band in the 133. The color resolution on my set is really good when compared to the narrow band TV's in the house, and it will reproduce small detail in color, oranges and cyans, etc, but a really good picture. Interesting information, and I thank you for it. I'll look for more info on this and similar chassis where ever I can find it.
Kevin
__________________
stromberg6
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.