Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 06-11-2011, 11:11 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstout66 View Post
Any "house" brand ---- Bradford,Coronado,Trutone,JC Penney... Hard to get parts for. At that time, if it was a "specific" part that was not generic, you had to go thru them to get the part, and man.. they charged a ton.
Somewhere I have a copy of a letter, written in obvious frustration, to Western Auto. The tech was trying to find a part for what, at the time, was a fairly late model Truetone color console, probably a W-G.

In a pile of tubes I bought were a bunch of Truetone branded tubes and they were all some pretty weird series string types.

I missed the real "fun". I just recall the monthly visits, all through the 70s, from the TV repairman who patched together our General Electric KE chassis color console. I didn't have to pay the bill, of course, so I always loved it! Sometimes I got to sneak around back and see inside...
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.