Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-27-2011, 11:25 PM
miniman82's Avatar
miniman82 miniman82 is offline
First Light: 1952-2011
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Great Mills, MD
Posts: 4,183
How does one go about getting the pledge off once it's been applied? I know people use it all the time, I use it on my coffee table personally. Thankfully I haven't had to do anything to my sets, they look pretty good to me as they are.
__________________
Evolution...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Kevin Kuehn's Avatar
Kevin Kuehn Kevin Kuehn is offline
Workin' Late Again
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WI
Posts: 3,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
How does one go about getting the pledge off once it's been applied? I know people use it all the time, I use it on my coffee table personally. Thankfully I haven't had to do anything to my sets, they look pretty good to me as they are.
You can't ever get it all off. It's like an incurable disease to a furniture surface. All you can do is add more silicone (fish-eye remover) to your spray lacquer. You need to lower the surface tension within the lacquer, in an attempt to keep it from pooling on the contaminated surface. But then you have silcone in your spray equipment to deal with.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.